Translate

Sunday, September 4, 2016

ColourQ#357




LOVE the color combo from ColourQ Challenge #357. When I saw Tracey's card, I knew I wanted to use my Friendly Flowers stamps, but I couldn't use my Stampin' Up Ink Pads to stamp them because they are outline stamps....and so began my big mess of trying to create those brightly colored flowers. My first mistake was to stamp the flower BEFORE applying the colorful ink with a dauber. Then I tried to add white accents with an old gel pen...very frustrating as it took a long time to cover the Melon Mambo. Then I used a black gel pen to go over the lines and I smudged it so badly I had to re-do a Pumpkin Pie flower. But I learned a lesson here so that last flower (the one on the bottom left) was stamped AFTER I applied the ink to the paper. Perfect!! 


For the rest of my card, I had in mind to put a black sequin swirl behind the flowers, but I should've checked my inventory first because I didn't have one. Instead, I used the multi-line circles from Party Patterns which coordinated nicely with the dot border stamp. I die cut the sentiment out of Pumpkin Pie card stock and added a shadow of Black behind it. I finished my card with a few black pearls I found while searching for the non-existent swirl. The end result is a rather clean & simple look, but it sure took a lot of effort to get there. I did learn a few lessons though, so it's all good! Now I just need to get some new gel pens and I will be all set. TFL!


I'm entering this in ColourQ Challenge #357:












and Freshly Made Sketch #252:




 






Supplies Used:
Dies: Spellbinders: Sentiments One
Stamps: Fiskars: Friendly Flowers, The Paper Company: Dots & Stripes, My Favorite Things: Party Patterns
Ink: Stampin' Up: Melon Mambo & Pumpkin Pie, Memento: Tuxedo Black
Paper: Ranger: Specialty Stamping Paper, Stampin' Up: Melon Mambo & Pumpking Pie

2 comments:

  1. Agh! Sounds like a typical day in the craft room to me! Your card is amazingly beautiful. What a good combination of challenges. And thanks for sharing the revelation to sponge before stamping! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your traumatic experience, I didn't expect much - but this card is wonderfully bold, bright and cheerful!! All of the smudges and the lessons learned were worth it! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete