I followed the sketch for Mojo Monday Sketch 370 and used the Fall color palette from Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 285. I didn't think I had the right stamps to make a Fall card, but with the right colors, the Flower Patch Stamp Set from Stampin' Up works well. I'm going to try and make a more feminine version of these cards (both of which I made for male relatives).
The background piece was made by stamping the flowers first, then masking them to add the leaves. I learned that it is critical to carefully cut your mask, as you can really mess up your project quickly if you over-stamp where you didn't intend to. I also learned that no matter how much time you put into making all the pieces, if you don't pay attention when you are assembling it with super-sticky tape, you could ruin your work! I accidentally taped the flower panel upside down, and that little white spot on the top right ended up on the bottom left. I couldn't let the error go; I had to cut the green background piece and re-assemble to put the flower strip on the way I wanted it. Picky, I know, but I am very happy with the end result now! TFL!