Translate

Friday, November 14, 2014

Aloha Aqua Flower


Today's post name comes from the creativity of my ten-year old. My creativity is better expressed in card-making (I would've called it Aqua Hello Card. Pretty boring, I know.)

I did have a lot of fun with the Fusion Challenge -- I just love the aqua ombre wedding cake! I tried to fancy up my card by using the lacy swirly circle die along with a background stamp that I got at 70% off after Valentine's and have finally gotten around to using. (It's so hard to justify buying more stuff when I haven't used what i own, but who can pass up a 70% off clearance bargain?!).

I started by creating the narrow panel by clear embossing the stamped image then blending three shades of distress inks, from lightest to darkest, over that. The darker panel was created by first covering the paper with distress ink then stamping the background pattern with Brilliance Moonlight White Ink to give it a subtle shimmer. I had in mind to use the same flowers for both cards, but I ran out of white flowers so I had to improvise. I use coffee filters to catch my embossing powders or glitter, so I just grabbed one, die cut the flowers from it, then inked them with distress inks and Brilliance. I also added another wish-list item from this card: I wanted to stamp 'thinking of you', but I didn't have a stamp with just the right font or size for this label. Who knew that having several of the same sentiment stamps would STILL not be enough?! And the stash will continue to grow....can't wait for Christmas!

Supplies Used:
Inks: Tumbled Glass, Broken China & Peacock Feathers Distress Inks; 
Brillance Moonlight White, VersaMark
Stamps: Recollections Background Stamp, Verve & TSOL sentiments
Dies: Heartfelt Creations Layered Elegant Swirl, Sizzix Swirls, 
ODBD Vintage Flourish Pattern, Nestabilities Rose Creations
Other: Spare Parts Flowers, Clear Embossing Powder, Forever in Time Gems




5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card using the ombre colors - pretty sponging, layered bloom and scroll - you will NEVER have enough stamps (trust me!) thank you for joining us in the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the lush BLUES!! Perfection for FUSION this challenge!!! LOVE the layers too!! Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION! Love it when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely, well done with the blues and ombre! Thanks for playing at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layers and textures :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun combination of techniques and textures! And thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete