Translate

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Triple Play

I am the most inefficient card maker out there; I can't seem to make a decision and stick to it. In order to produce more in less time, I again tried to make duplicate cards. I came pretty close this time, but I still ended up changing my mind and using different things on each card. 

I started things off by using the sketch from this week's MFT's Sketch Challenge:
Stamped a baseball image three times and colored all with Copics (more or less all are the same at this point). Then I had to choose what size circle to mount the image on....chose two sizes and embossed them both. For Card #1, I popped up them main image and the banner, but the star paper ended up making the banner a bit uneven, so I didn't pop up anything on the other two cards. Since Card #2 was larger, I changed the sentiment and added the Banner Stamp. The blank white was begging for embellishment, so Card #1 got stamped Stars while Card #2 got die cuts. Card #3 got an embossed background panel with ticket-punched corners and a white circle. I think Card #3 is my favorite, so I am posting my photos in reverse order. 

While it still took me forever to create these cards, at least I managed to complete them, put away all the supplies used, AND post the blog entry all within 24 hours. I think that's a record for me! Maybe 2017 will be my year for efficiency....or at least a year for making lots more cards!! Thanks much for sharing my trials and tribulations. Happy Crafting!


Card #3
Card #1

Card #2



Supplies Used:
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, VersaMark, White EP
Stamps: Power Poppy Play Ball
Dies: Nestabilities Circles, Stars EF, Star Punch, Sizzix Doodle Dots, Tonic Ticket Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment