Translate

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Clean Happy Camper

Linking this card to Freshly Made Sketches #295. My older daughter is off to Horse Camp and she is so excited! I picked up the 'Happy Camper' Dies on clearance and knew it would come in handy for Camp Cards. She will be gone for two weeks, so I hope to be posting several more cards in the coming days. This card was fun to make even though it was a challenge for me to make it 'clean'. When I try for clean cards, they usually end up being boring, but I think I managed to add enough detail to keep it interesting. I embossed the heart with a woodgrain ef, and added a scrap strip that was leftover from last year's camp cards. The horses sticker is actually puffy, so that also adds some interest. I didn't want the background to just be plain, so I found an old border stamp and used my MISTI to line it up. Love that the sketch just begged me to use enamel dots (my favorite)! TFL!
Supplies Used:
Paper: We R memory keepers: Happy Campers
Stamps: The Paper Studio: Dots & Stripes
Ink: Distress Walnut Stain
Dies: Momenta: Happy Camper


2 comments:

  1. I love all of the fun details on this! And a perfect card for your camper. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sure to be treasured! Such a special card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete