Translate

Monday, July 31, 2017

CTS #232

Used the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch! to create this quick birthday card. It's hard for me to make such simple cards but these sketches really help! Colored the balloons with Copics using the technique I found here to make the balloons look transparent.Couldn't just have a white background, so I embossed some yellow cardstock with a stars ef which added some interest. Immediately after embossing though, I realized I should have stamped the sentiment first. Ugh. Actually, this turned out to be a good mistake because I really like how the blue strip added another pop of color. Added faux stitching to the sentiment and popped up the balloons and put this card in the mail! TFL!

SUPPLIES USED:
Stamps: Stampendous: Party Balloons, My Favorite Things: You're the Sweetest
Ink: Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Tangerine Tango, White Gel Pen
Paper: DCWV: The Birthday Wishes Stack
EF: Darice: Assorted Stars

1 comment: