Translate

Monday, March 7, 2016

More SU Flower Cards


While making my previous card for the Color Challenge at Splitcoast, I decided to take advantage of not only having all those supplies at the ready, but also having a plan that could easily be used to make several cards I need right now.  I figured I could crank out three more cards quickly....three hours later, I did have my additional cards, but not one is identical to another. I change my mind so often in the design process - I wonder how many other people do this?!

The basis for my cards was going to be the exact same: lattice stencil for background, a few flowers and leaves and maybe a small sentiment. The only thing that was going to be different was the color scheme. Two were for women, two for men, so I could have at least had two sets of identical cards! 

This first one was one of the simplest I've ever made. And I like it. I think I will definitely make more of these:

Maybe next time I will move the sentiment to the bottom right corner and put those candy dots on a vertical in the top right corner. And maybe I will use a fancy edge instead of the strip of solid paper, or maybe ribbon? I will probably pop-up the flower, and maybe even add a few more....in different colors.....oh dear, see where this is going? I can't stop!

My next two cards are really similar. It's the first time I used masking paper and while I love the sharp lines you get, I made the border too wide the first time. So when I expanded the stenciled area, I added more flowers to make the whole design 'bigger'. Then I thought the first card was too plain, so I added a purple colored pencil border around the stenciled area. 
Without Border


So in another attempt at making identical cards, I came away with four very different cards, though they all use similar elements. None of my flowers are identical, none of my background stencils look the same, and even though the only sentiment I used on the card fronts was the word 'hello', one is stamped, the other a die cut.

I did have fun experimenting with the different flower/color combos and coming up with a design or two I think I can repeat in the future.
Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Stampin' Up Flower Patch, sentiment from Hero Arts Truly Appreciated
Dies: Stampin' Up Flower Fair Framelits
Inks: Stampinp Up: Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point Tangerine Tango, Pool Party and Blushing Bride, Colorbox Heliotrope
Other: Tim Holtz Latticework Stencil

No comments:

Post a Comment