Translate

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Soft Sky Roses


I was so excited to finally get to use the beautiful Vintage Roses Stamp Set from Altenew. The images are so realistic and they are not at all difficult to produce. The most challenging thing for me was trying to decide what color inks work well together and I am happy to say that you don't really need three or four different inks to create these beautiful roses. Stamping off will produce a lighter shade, and double or even triple stamping produces darker shades, and with a MISTI, these techniques are super easy to do. For me, color matching my inks with my paper stash is a bit challenging as I tend to buy different shades of every color imaginable and nothing ever seems to match as well as I like. I am happy with the color scheme I used in this card because the inks & cardstock are both Stampin' Up colors. In the future, I plan on buying inks and cardstock from the same company and now I have a whole new Wish List over at Altenew! Looking forward to making many cards using these Roses in the future. LOVE this set and its coordinating die set!!

Supplies Used:
Paper: Stampin' Up
Stamps: Altenew Vintage Roses, Verve sentiment
Dies: Altenew Vintage Roses
Ink: Stampin' Up Pool Party, Soft Sky, Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz

A second card I made - only slightly different from the one above:


No comments:

Post a Comment