Translate

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Swirly Spring Bday



I made these two cards for the MFTWSC280 Sketch Challenge at MFT (and I even used an MFT Die!) but I missed the deadline for entry! UGH!!! Well, the sketch served me well as I was happy with how these cards turned out. I was so sure I was going to make IDENTICAL cards, but, as always, there are differences: The dark purple panel and the inner squares are not the same size (and the squares are different patterned paper), and the sentiment tags are slightly different. The second card also has a perforated line at the top that I added with my Sew Easy tool. I didn't really like how that turned out so I didn't repeat it on the other card. I originally cut out the flowers without stamping them, then decided they needed more pop, so I did something unconventional by carefully placing my die cut on top of the stamp that I had inked with VersaMark. Not an ideal way to emboss, but I got lucky in that it worked just fine. Thanks so much for looking!

Supplies Used:
Paper: SEI Couture
Stamps: Heartfelt Creations Botanical Floral, TSOL happyBday2you (sentiment)
Dies: My Favorite Things Medium Fancy Flourish, Spellbinders Rose Creations, Classic Edges One
Ink: VersaMark
EP: Zing EP in Powder and WOW! EP in Shrinking Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment