Translate

Sunday, August 21, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch #185


This is the second card I am entering in ColourQ Challenge #354 (I hope multiple entries are allowed!). I have a feeling I am going to use this combo again & again because it is so striking! Again, I used a pretty blue rose but this time I used Sizzix Swirls instead of the MFT Medium Flourish. I think swirls/flourishes are so versatile, I imagine one can never have enough of these in one's stash! I added some black hearts under this sentiment and also used the more detailed leaf stamps from Altenew. The Vinatage Roses Stamps/Dies are one of my all-time favorites. It takes a little practice to get the layers lined up, but once they are just right, the MISTI makes creating multiple images incredibly easy. That tool is worth every penny! I'm also entering this card in the CAS(E) this Sketch #185 Challenge. TFL!


I was inspired by this awesome card by Wanda Cullen (sorry for not referencing this sooner):


Supplies Used:
Stamps: SSS: Happy (sentiment) and Sending & Wishing (hearts), Altenew: Vintage Roses
Ink: Distress: Black Soot, Memento: Tuxedo Black, London Fog and Bahama Blue, Stampabilities: Baby Blue, Colorbox: Cyan
Dies: Altenew: Vintage Roses, Sizzix Swirls
Other: SSS Diagonal Stripe Stencil, The Paper Studio scalloped scissors

1 comment:

  1. Pretty card. It looks like you were inspired by Wanda's card (http://cullen-arycreations.blogspot.com/2016/08/garden-bunch.html) so it would be nice to give her a shout out!

    ReplyDelete