Translate

Friday, May 12, 2017

Pretty Pink Treats


Made this sweet card today using Sunny Studio's Sweet Shoppe Stamps. Love using the mint and pink papers with these stamps! I tried something rather new for me when making the mint scallop edge: The large image only fit inside the largest label die, but I still wanted to mat it. So, I only partially cut the mint background paper, then moved the die and cut a second time, thus extending the label. I know you can't see the side edges, but they actually are perfectly lined up! Oh - I guess that means I could have just die cut the whole label then cut it in two to reposition it so that just the edges extended...duh! Oh well, now I know I can actually do the fancy extended cut which may come in handy another time! I colored the image with my copics, but I still need lots more practice. I like how I was able to get a really light pink by using the colorless blender to pick up RV21 that I scribbled onto an acrylic block. I don't know why I left the cupcake unfrosted, and I still have to work on the highlights, but overall I don't think it's too bad. 

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Sunny Studio Sweet Shoppe
Dies: Nestabilities Labels Eleven
Paper: DCWV Sweet Matstack, MFT Sweet Celebration, Recollections Blue Ombre
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen, Wink of Stella




No comments:

Post a Comment