Translate

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Pretty Blooms

When I saw the colors for this week's Color Challenge #358 at CAS Colours & Sketches, I knew I just had to make some cards using the Blooms Fill-in Stamp Set. This background stamp set is rather time-consuming, and since I tend to mess up sometimes, I decided to make several backgrounds at once - and I only messed up ONE. YAY! I'm glad I had a not-so-perfect panel to cut this bloom from because how can you destroy a perfectly stamped background?? I also created several plaid background panels to coordinate with the blooms panels. I used one to mat my front panel (which is really three separate pieces -- I accidentally cut the Tangerine Tango paper too short, but then I realized if I cut it in half, I could place the patterned paper over the gap between the two smaller pieces. Save!). I popped up the blooms with foam, added the die cut 'You' and finished with a green sentiment. Hoping to make a few more cards with the other panels...stay tuned!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Concord & 9th: Blooms Fill-in and Plaid Background, Simon Says Stamp: You Matter
Dies: Concord & 9th: Blooms Fill-in, Simon Says Stamp: You
Ink: Stampin' Up: Pear Pizzazz, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Stampin' Up

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful use of this week's colors, thanks for joining us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the colors, I love the patterned papers. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete