Translate

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Billiards Card

Masculine birthday cards are challenging in and of themselves, but as my 'little' nephews grow up (now in their thirties!!) it is getting harder and harder to find just the right design for their cards. One can make only so many guitar or basketball cards! Luckily my soon-to-be-thirty-year-old son came up with a great suggestion: Pool!

Not having any stamps remotely close to the game, I spent some time googling pool tables, billiard balls, cue sticks, etc. Then I spent more time unearthing every circle die/punch I could find in order to find the perfect sizes for those tiny little billiard balls. All the numbered balls represent my nephew's birthdate and age ('32' on 4/5/89). (I did have to point this out to most, but my clever nephew did figure it out with very little coaching.) One of the trickiest tasks was to make the 'stripe' on the No. 9 ball. The table was easy enough and so was the cue stick. A bit of blue ink for chalk, white pencil for the tip and a few strokes of brown copic markers for the bottom made it look rather realistic. 

A fun card to make and I thought of another good idea for these young adult men: Poker! I'm ahead of the game for next year! YAY!

TFL!


Supplies Used: 
Dies:  MFT: Hot Cocoa Cups Die-namics (larger circle die), standard hole punch (circles for numbers); corner rounder punch; Concord & 9th: Double-cut Alphabet;
Stamps: SSS: You Matter

No comments:

Post a Comment