Translate

Friday, April 2, 2021

Celebrating 21st Birthday


Created this card for a nephew who is turning 21. Got my inspiration from Sketch #548 at Just Add Ink. Decided to use various distress inks in masculine colors with my stencil. I usually don't ink up the card base itself, so I don't use 'good' card stock for my card bases. This fact made inking not as easy as it could've been had I used the shinier Ranger Speciality Paper which is much kinder to Distress Inks. I think it still came out okay, though filling in all those tiny spaces was a bit tricky. I used lots of tape for masking! I tried hard to go with a CAS design here, and I think I finally succeeded. I stopped myself from adding more embellishments (like sequins) to keep it clean and also to keep it more masculine-looking. 
I'm also adding this to the Challenge #194: Birthday at Addicted to CASThanks for stopping by!


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Riley & Company: Beer Stein; Stampabilities: Everyday Expressions
Ink: Distress: Chipped Sapphire, Fossilized Amber, Walnut Stain and Fired Brick; Memento: Paris Dusk; Copics
Other: Picket Fence Studios: Point of Interest Stencil, Glossy Accents, Marvy: Snow Marker
Dies: MFT: Stitched Circles; Spellbinders-Nestabilities: Labels One

6 comments:

  1. Really love your masculine birthday card. The colors are perfect and I like the clean and simple feel of your card. I'll bet it was tricky keeping the colors contained within each closed shape. You did a great job! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!It is always fun to color using stencils....I love the wow! factor you get when you lift the stencil off the page!

      Delete
  2. I love the texture and colour your stencilled patterns adds - just perfect for a masculine card! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I want a nice cold mug of beer, but here it is only 8 AM! That's how good your coloring is on the beer. I don't know if this was intentional, but the circular element looks like a beer coaster. Great card - thank you for sharing it with us at ATCAS! xoxo Fran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the coloring compliment! That was one of the more fun images that I have ever colored. Cheers!

      Delete