Translate

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

A bit of Graffiti x 2




Another not-so-young but not-so-old nephew... graffiti design to the rescue! I fell in love with these series of stamps such a long time ago...it was fun to pull them out once again! My color scheme includes a shade of purple - here seedless preserves - as that is a favorite color of said nephew. Added a blue, a teal and a few pops of black. Made three backgrounds, and I have to say, the hardest part of these kinds of cards is that I fall in love with the backgrounds then hate to cover them up (or horror! cut them up!). I think I may actually add Very Little to the last background....but for now, it will reside in my 'to be finished' stash. Sadly, it will have lots of company there!

Once I had the background done, I created another strip of graffiti elements that I then cut into a fishtail end. After I created the sentiment strip, I added an arrow to help direct your eye to the sentiment. Because I just cannot do two things exactly the same, I used two different arrows on my cards. A very small difference, but that serves as a reminder of how indecisive I can be - a trait that adds unnecessary time to my cardmaking! Thanks for visiting my blog!


Supplies Used:
Stencils: Altenew: Splatter Stencil; Sugar Pea Designs: Concentric Circles  
Stamps: Hero Arts: Brush Strokes; Darkroom Door: Coffee Stain; Sugar Pea Designs: Greatest Hits, Stamps By Judith and Heather: Dots
Ink: Distress: Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, Evergreen Bough; VersaFine: Onyx Black; VersaMark
Other: White Fine Embossing Powder

 


No comments:

Post a Comment