Translate

Friday, April 4, 2014

Masculine Bday Cards

Today, I am posting birthday cards for two of my nephews. It's always hard to make masculine cards, but using navy and olive colors helped set the tone. I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks on both. The first card was made using some photo paper I had lying around, the second one was made with The Good Stuff: Ranger's Speciality Stamping Paper (which is a matte coated cardstock). It was great to work with that special paper!

Supplies: 
Paper: 3bugsinarug, 
Best Creation Inc. Die Cut
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Other: Fiskars Bubble Edger Punch, 
The Paper Studio Number Stickers

Inside of Rock and Roll Card

Supplies:
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Stamps: Hero Arts Brush Strokes, 
Imaginisce Live Loud, 
Stampabilities Rock Star, 
KI Memories Live Large Verbology

Supplies:
Paper: Olive, Navy, Whirlpool cardstock
Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper (matte coated cardstock)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, and Broken China, 
Memento Paris Dusk
Stamps: Hero Arts Brush Strokes
Other: Sizzix Embossing Folder: Happy Birthday, 
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eleven, 
Teresa Collins Enamel Dots


I popped up the sentiment using American Crafts pop dots. I love the way the distress inks reacted on the Specialty Paper. I even inked up the paint splatter stamp with distress ink, sprayed some water on the stamp, then stamped to get a more watered-down image so as not to overpower the sentiment. I ended up using the Memento Paris Dusk ink on the olive card base, though, because I wanted a bolder look there. And I finally got to use some of those cool enamel dots!
Inside stamped with more Paint Splatters from Hero Arts Brush Strokes as well as a sentiment from Stampabilities. Thanks so much for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment