Translate

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Bubbly Birthday


Made this birthday card using the  Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 287. Thankfully, that challenge is always open, as I didn't upload it before the next sketch was posted. Inspired by my paper pad from We R memory Keepers, I set out to use a bubble stencil & my distress inks to make my own version of their dotted paper. Only AFTER painstakingly sponging individual circles, I realized I should have just sponged the whole stencil in one color, then repositioned the stencil & sponge a second color - this would provide random colored dots much, much, faster than coloring the dots individually. Then the saddest realization hit me: why didn't I just USE the dotted paper provided in the paper pack?!! Ugh!!! Although, I did have fun sponging/stenciling and as practice makes perfect, my future attempts will now be easier & nicer (hopefully). 

I used an embossing folder for the background, embossed a cake image and colored it with the coordinating distress inks, added a border, sentiment & enamel dots. TFL!

Supplies Used:
Paper: We R Memory Keepers: Happy Campers
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, Walnut Stain
Stamp: Hampton Art
Dies: Spellbinders: Circles, Classic Edges One, Sentiments One
Stencil: Heidi Swap
Embossing Folder: Darice Diagonal Stripe
Other: Recollections Enamel Dots 

The paper that inspired me to make my own version


No comments:

Post a Comment