Translate

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Horse Love


Adding these cards to the Mix It Up Challenge #8 at Sugar Peas Designs. Their sketch was a good starting point for me as I knew I wanted to use these horse stickers (since my girls are at Horse Camp this week), but I just needed a sketch idea to get a design going. I've been trying to figure out how to add a little something to get that 'complete' look to my rather simple cards, and for these cards, distress inks seemed to do the trick. They make all the elements pop - a big difference in real life I took a photo of a before shot to help illustrate what a little distress ink can do. I just love my distress inks (perhaps that is why I own so many!!). TFL!

Before & After Inking:






Supplies Used:
Dies/Punches: Sizzix Heart #2, Simon Says Stamp Mini Hearts Set, Fiskars Bubbles Border Punch, EK Flourish Scroll Border Punch
Inks: Distress: Mermaid Lagoon, Walnut Stain & Wild Honey
Darice Wood Grain EF
Paper: We R Memory Keepers: Happy Campers
Other: the Paper Studio Puffy Horse Stickers, Darice Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment