Translate

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Azaleas and a long-lost stenciled background

I have spent a lot of time with my craft supplies these last few days. I needed a project to work on while listening to a series of talks, so I decided to try to make  one of the DIY Ink Storage Units that I found on Pinterest. Once that was completed, I had to rearrange my other storage units to make room for the new one. That led to me basically tearing apart my current set-up and rediscovering oh so many things that were made long ago but forgotten and hidden away. One of those treasures was the piece that I used for the background of this card. I know I used Distress Inks, but I can't remember exactly which ones. I'm thinking it was Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet and maybe some Worn Lipstick. At any rate, it matched my Violet-colored Azaleas, so I was happy! I was going to enter this into the challenge at splitcoaststampers.com, but I didn't want to split the background so then I wasn't sure if this card would be eligible. So of course I had to go ahead and make another card so that I could enter the challenge! One of the hardest things for me to do is to cut an image that I spent so much time coloring....and that flower stamp is so pretty! But I really do like the look of the ovals for a focal point. I added a simple sentiment embossed in white and finished it off with two Nuvo Drops. 
   
Supplies:
Paper: X-Press It Blending Card, violet cs 
Stamps: Power Poppy: Azalea, My Sentiments Exactly: Inspirational Birthday Innies & Outies
Ink: Distress: various, Memento: Tuxedo Black, Copics
Dies: Nestabilities: Ovals and Card Creator
Other: Stencil: Memory Box: Texture Flourish, Wendy Vecchi: Embossing Paste, Nuvo Crystal Drops: Sweet Lilac

No comments:

Post a Comment