Translate

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Azaleas in Violet



Adding this to Sketch Challenge SC737 over at splitcoaststampers.com. I was able to put this card together rather quickly since I had stamped several panels while making my sister-in-law's birthday card. These flowers were colored with blue-violet markers and the matching background paper is from two different paper pads- surprisingly, they matched very well! The sentiment, stamped here in Dusty Concord Distress Ink, is from Altenew. The inside was also stamped in Dusty Concord Distress Ink with stamps from Our Daily Bread and Simon Says Stamp. TFL!



Supplies:
Paper: Our Daily Bread Designs: Christian Faith Collection, Kaisercraft: Lilac Avenue Collection, X-Press It Blending Card 
Stamps: Power Poppy: Azalea, Altenew: Heartfelt Sentiments, Our Daily Bread Designs: Flourished Verses
Ink: Distress: Dusty Concord, Memento: Tuxedo Black, Copics
Dies: Nestabilities: Card Creator





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful stamped image! I immediately thought it might be from Power Poppy, and indeed it is! You have colored it beautifully to match your DP, very delicately colored which matches the nature of this flower. I love Power Poppy stamps, I was thrilled when Marcella was able to start her own company after working under the Flourishes Llc, and I have quite a collection of her stamps and I found a couple of her dies on sale at SSS. I have that Prayers stamp/die set and love using it--recently used it on a number of cards in a large project (at least for me, the largest set of cards I have ever made, 42 for my Mom and about 10 or 12 for myself and some others to finish) with hand-stitched backgrounds on each. I think that the Prayers die and stamp plus the sentiments to finish it off is one of my favorites and I think that I will be pulling it out time and time again. :)

    I believe this is my first time visiting your blog, and I look forward to visiting it again. I want to start my own blog, and I have a lot to do to pull that together, starting with coming up with a name. I am an "auntie" to a much loved nephew who is now 16, my sister and I are both aunties, it was her desire to be auntie and not aunt, and I was fine with that... I really love your blog name, it is wonderful!!!

    Have a relaxed, enjoyable, and blessed Sunday,

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete